♥ www.bellaboodc.com ♥
Images, art and characters.
Every day I make many, many lists.
I write and rewrite lists for work and home and fun and un-fun. Have lists for matters related to family and friends, boys and girls, dogs and cats, and the car. I have an IRS list and a District of Columbia government list.
I love lists. They soothe me, inspire me, limit me, liberate me, and provide me with excuses to buy endless supplies of Brightly colored paper and sticky notes.
Sometimes though, I just want to make a list that doesn’t require action. Like a top 10 list.
But then I get confused over what I should make a top 10 list about and I don’t make the list.
But today is different. Today I’m going to make a list of favorite movies. And because there’s no possible way to make a reasonable list a favorite movies, I’ll limit the type of movies to movies about love interests, the topic of today’s single panel cartoon.
It’s been a long time since I’ve talked about movies or thought about movies. Movies are a sensitive topic for me. Sometimes they provide a source of comfort. At other times, they provide triggers for angst.
But it’s summer and I’m ready to watch movies for inspiration. Summertime is a good time for that.
So here goes… I’ll try to do this off the top of my head.
My top 10(or so)(give or take) movies about love interests:
(1) Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Hope this one’s not too obvious.
(2) Splendor in the Grass. A horrible mother, a society that mistakes emotion for mental illness, a really great psychiatric hospital, and Love. Oh, and, Natalie Wood.
(3) Betty Blue. Love and mental illness and really hot sex
(4) Entre Nous. Love. Love lost. Love found. Love incidentally, accidentally and otherwise. And two of the most beautiful women in the world. And two men, by the way.
(5) The Sweet Hereafter. Just watch it. Take my word.
I’ll finish up later. I need to give some thought to the next five. I don’t want to fritter away my spots.